He said that Republican's were the devil and we should all vote democrat.

Jk. Actually, I thought it was a very good speech aimed at students, no mention of political agenda with the exception of working hard in school to make America great. What did you think?

urkiddingright

Asked by urkiddingright at 12:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL I asked my mother if she saw any subliminal messages to that effect. But seriously, the speech was very good. Even if you don't agree with his politics how is telling kids to stay in school and try their best, no matter what ,something bad? My son isn't of school age yet (hes still just a baby!) but as a student myself that speech was very inspirational for me to stay in school. Education is the most important tool a person can have and I really respect that he took the time to tell the young people of America how important it is. (and I am still on the fence about his politics, for the record)

AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Blaaaahhh me brainwashed. Me liberal, must eat conservative brains.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• obama is the devil.
    Anonymous

• So, you didn't watch it. Good to know.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I think it should become an annual address. At the start of every school year the sitting US President should address all students for a pep talk. And at the end of the school year, I think they should get a very famous personality from young culture to sppeak to kids. If kids hear a famous rock star or tv movie star speak about how they love to read books over the summer, kids may listen
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I totally agree, and that is a great idea!
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I did not watch it, but read the speech. i doubt my kids watched it as their school does not have ESPN. Only goes to show how the goverenment continues to feel that the majority of parents cannot raise their our own children. true it is the childs ultimate responsiblity, but a 6 yr old is a 6 yr old and should NOT be responsible for all they do. Now a senior in high school.. that is a bit different, but they should still have parents who are involved in their lives and know what they are doing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I watched it and it seemed like a perfectly acceptable, very predictable speech with no political overtones. I still don't like him or his policies and one speech isn't going to override my common sense about what he is doing to this country, but this was really no big deal in and of itself. He was just giving the standard, "Study hard, stay in school and you can do anything" speech.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I should hope that your children's school does not have ESPN, the speech was aired on CNN.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i loved it!!!!! it was a great speech and it had no "brainwash" in it. i know quite a few people must feel dumb right now for keeping their kids home especially since the speech was very motivational. i be damned if kept my kids home after a three day weekend lol
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2009