Help! Eye alleries vs pink eye

I've been having problems on and off for 3 weeks with what I think is alleries due to dust etc but have you ever used ointment antibotics on the outside of the eye? Should I throw out my mascarra and eye liner what about eye shadow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Health

• I have used antibiotics on the outside of the eyes. It is like putting a salve on them basiclly. If you are having eye problems with your eyes you definatly should throw out your eye makeup as it can retain bacteria and reinfect your eyes. I would recommend getting your eyes checked out by an opthimologist. You could be having pink eye, blapheritous(infection of the tear ducts,I have dealt with this my whole life),or any number of infections. You don't want to let your eyes go with an infection or having problems because it may cause permenent vision problems.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 1:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If it's pink eye, I rub a gold ring on it. It's an old wives tale but it's always worked for me. I don't know about the antibiotic ointment.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2009