how do I get my 19 month old out of my bed.

she has always slept in her crib until a recent issue with teething and I put her in my bed and now thats where she wants to stay. It is causing horriable sleep issues, she is a terriable restless sleeper and keeps my husband and I up all night. WHAT DO I DO. Every night after she falls asleep I place her in her crib and with in hours shes is up screaming to come in our bed....HELP

MomGutierrez

Asked by MomGutierrez at 12:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you simply put her in her bed, tell her this is her room, her bed, this is where you sleep! shut the door walk out. the more you give in and keep letting her sleep with you, it will continue, and you will only have yourself to blame.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Put her in a toddler bed and giver her a shirt from you. Maybe this will help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I have tried these thing and she cries herself to the point where she throws up. any other suggestions
    MomGutierrez

Answer by MomGutierrez at 12:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My daughter is 2 and has never slept in her bed, I know I only have myself to blame but I also know how hard it is when they are crying and you simply want to comfort them. I recently bought my daughter a Dora pillowcase and she knows that so sleep with it she has to lay in her bed. I have been laying my her bed until she falls asleep but she still ends up in our bed by morning. But at least I get a few good hours of sleep b4 she graces us with her presence:) Best of luck!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You don't necessarily have to just shut her in their and let her scream. If you don't want to do that you could try sitting by her bedside and reading her a long story until she falls asleep on her own in her bed without you holding her or laying next to her. That's what I have to do for my son when he is especially fussy, and when she wakes up in the middle of the night you just don't pick her up it's as simple as that you lay her down in her bed and pat her back or rub her head or maybe even read her a story again. After a while read shorter and shorter stories so that she's awake when you leave the room. She'll get used to it again soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I never could let my son scream himself to sleep.. It never worked. When we had problems, we use to sit in the room with him until he fell asleep. If you do it, be very boring! No interaction at all, just your presence. My son would eventually lay down and go to sleep (peeking occasionally to see if we were still there!). Every night we'd go through our regular routine, put him into his crib (or bed, as the case may be) and walk out. We'd give him a few minutes to setting himself then go back in if he couldn't. When he was in a crib, I brought a book and a booklight to keep myself amused while I waited for him to sleep. Eventually we walked out and he didn't care and went to sleep.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2009