OMG THE OBAMA SPEECH---IS ANYONE EMBARASSED

I watched and taped the speech because the kids could not watch it in school, to all of those who overreacted are any of you embarassed-- you kinda should be!!!

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 12:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• they should be! some ppl are so ignorant!
    erimar2

Answer by erimar2 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• nope.. but im going to go take my child shopping now..c-ya
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I agree! there was nothing bad being said! if anything thats the sort of message the kids NEED to hear!
    Anonymous

• They should be, but are too ignorant to see it. Sad really :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i did not care either way. but the fact is that he should also make a speech to some parents in this nation to take an active role in their childs life! Yes the child is ultimately responsible, but a kindergartener is not going understand that and a high school student still needs a parent.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• No,why would I be embarassed? I don't want to watch that mysoginistic ego maniac,and I won't. Nothing to be embarrassed about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• They should be, shouldn't they? I watched it and it was harmless. I think that for the most part it was directed at those children who have no one encouraging them and reinforced a message that most children WITH involved parents give to their children. You have to work for what you want, you have to learn by trial and error, you have to make mistakes to succeed. I loved how the guy who was protesting it couldn't really pinpoint what was wrong with it. It was no longer the speech but the lesson plan. So what if a teacher asks a student what they want to be when they grow up or where they want to be? That's not a mission to infiltrate. LOL My 23yo son graduated in 2004 and when he was in the 10th grade he wrote an essay on that very same subject. And all of my sons (who are 17, 19, 21 and 23) wrote about what they wanted to be when they grew up every year in elem. school from K through 6th when the new school year started.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• another waste of time and another useless speach.. like hes the only one in the world that can address that. this makes him specail? wow! so.. whats he going to do now about everything else falling down? oh..thats right, nothing, take some vacations, and do some lousy speach..and yeah weeee fun times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• They should be, shouldn't they?

And yet, we aren't. Sorry to burst your little "we love our messiah" bubble there, but not everyone is enamoured with him,and could care less.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Funny, now it's the people bashing Obama that are hiding behind the anon button. LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009