I know my son is big...

My son is 5 months old and is in 9 month clothing weighs 20 pounds and is super healthy. He is a happy baby and my side of the family has big babies. People make so many comments, yesterday I was at Kohls and a worker asked how hold Tyson was I told her 5 months and she looked at me with big eyes and walked away. Another asked and I told her 5 months and she said so is my daughter but she is way smaller than your son. Great good for them. I didn't care and love having a chubby baby but now I'm wondering does he look normal and cute or does he look huge?? Thanks

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 12:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Join the club. I also get comments when they find out my sons age. One lady told be he was gigantic (sp??). But to anwser your question he is adorable. And being healty is really all that matters.
    J.P

Answer by J.P at 12:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My 3 1/2 yr. old is in 2T clothes and I get comments and looks as well when they find out he's 3. I honestly don't think people are looking at you because they think something is wrong, if they are, they are ignorant. Baby's are cute whether they are chubby or skinny. As long as your baby is healthy, that is all that matters. Ignore the nasty comments and enjoy your baby.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 12:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I got/get this all the time with my DD. She is 15 months now, and she is still big, mostly because she is SUPER tall. She has been in the 95th percentile since she was about 1 month old. If people give you crap just tell them that your son is healthy and you don't appreciate being treated like that. I tell people all the time that my daughter is perfect and I appreciate the comment. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I know how you feel but I am on the opposite side of you..Nathan is 2 months old and weighed almost 9 pounds..he now weighs about 11-11.5 pounds and is about 24 inches long..people are always telling me how small he is or how he looks like he just popped out of the oven,...well yeah he kinda just did! I also think he looks perfectly normal for a 8 week old and is very healthy! some babies are just proportioned differently idk why people can you say the baby is cute or something without referencing their size...lol! My friend has a baby that is about 6 weeks older than my son and he weighs about 16 pound, he's a gorgeous baby..but when we are together people compare them like they are only days apart and that's not the case..a month and a half is a big difference in baby weeks.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• yeah me too. The other day we were at the pool and there was a 15 mo old little boy there that looked way smaller than my almost 10 month old.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I looked at pictures, and your son looks like a super happy, healthy little boy. People are stupid, and they don't know your family, they don't know the circumstance, I would have people say things to me about my daughter when she was younger, too, they would say things like, "Well, she doesn't miss a meal, does she?" My response was always, "No, she eats just fine, thank you." And that was that. And let me tell you, I am a PRUDE about what I allow my little one to eat, being overweight and coming from an overweight family I worry about her growing up and being overweight, so it isn't like I allow her to eat junk, trust me, I don't. The first time she had cake or ice cream (ever) was on her first birthday. And she hasn't had any since then. I don't give her juice unless it is half juice and half water. She is just big.
    Don't take waht other people say to heart, they are idiots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• my son is 3 months old, and is growing out of the 3-6 month clothes quickly. i call him my lil chunky monkey, i get comments every time i walk out the door with him, from neighbors, to the clerk at the store. i just ignore them, my daughter was the same way now shes 3 1/2 and has grown into her weight and her tummy is almost pure muscle.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My son was 22lbs when he was 6 months old, he was the cutest little baby, well maybe not little. Hub and I used to joke that he had fat rolls on his fat rolls. Oh BTW, he will be 16 tomorrow and is 6'1" and only 130lbs lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• At 6 months mine were 20-22 lbs and wore either 12 month clothes or 18 month.

I'd be one who would look at your son and say, "He's such a cute little thing."
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I had the exact opposite. my son was so skinny and still is - he is 22 months old and 24.6 lbs. I feed him like every 2 hours but he eats like a bird and is totally not interested in eating - I am always trying to shove food in his mouth - when he was a baby he never had 1 fat role and people would tell me I need to feed my child - Oh ok.. like I would starve my baby. people are just SO quick to judge !! my son was wearing 6 month/9 month shorts this summer... he had a teeny tiny waist but both me and his father were super skinny ( til I grew up of course )
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2009