Conservatives: Does it give you any comfort or peace of mind that the White House took your concerns about the lesson plan seriously and changed it?

Have you thought about it in that way? You voiced your concerns and they were respected.

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 12:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• while i had no problem with the lesson plan or rather - essay I'm glad that he listened to the other side who made a huge fuss about it. It shows that he is willing to play ball. He could have just ignored them and continued on, but he didn't.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Good question I never was concerned about his speech I think It is a great idea for The President to speak to the youth!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If they took our concerns truly seriously, they would have canceled the whole thing. THAT would have spoken volumes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• " I dont think they should have changed it for those racist bitches! honestly "

Wow, I wouldve posted anonymous too if I were to say something so ignorant. Gold star for you.

OP- Yes, it's very comforting to hear that. I was never for or against the speech. I wouldve let my child watch it and had an effective discussion about it after they got home.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Wow, that was a little...off-color, anon. I agree with the above, I'm glad he's willing to play ball, like JackalsWife said. It won't change people's opinion of him even .05% though.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Please try not to respond to the inflammatory stuff above. I meant this as an honest respectful question, the anon who called people with objections "racist" doesn't speak for this question.

I just don't want it to distract from the question that I asked.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• yes it does...to a certain extent.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• it seems for once they were respected. I think though, if he had published his speech a bit earlier that there might not have been so much contraversy. I am not a fan of his, but i am a fan of education. and honestly, i remember past presidents speaking to us about the importance of education and i could have cared less what they said.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It doesn't exactly give me any comfort but it is nice to know that he or his speechwriters actually did listen to the public and made sure he didn't say anything that anyone could possibly imagine as controversial, and also that they dropped the idea of the lesson plan. Maybe he is learning to listen or at least pretend to.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• The lesson plan should have been dropped there is valid concern as to the legality of it. I had no problem with the speech.

And yes it was responsible and sensitive of them to listen.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2009