What do you SAHM do to stay busy through out the day???

What is ya'll's activities through out the day with being a SAHM??? Such as Work at Home, Crafts & etc.. It's really hard staying at Home sometimes, I'm just looking for ideas to keep me busy like a Hobby or something.

marcnsarah

Asked by marcnsarah at 12:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i paint. do paper mache and decorate the house. the parts that need it.im very creative, so i can come up with just about anyting to do around here. the house is big too, so i cant run out of things to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I've become obsessed with scrapbooking, lol. It keeps me busy and it's something my kids and I can do together. When I found myself cleaning rooms that I had already cleaned that morning I decided to take action, lol. I'm on Cafemom alot too. I look at whats going on, go do something that needs to be done, then come back, lol. It can be pretty boring at times but if I look hard enough, there is always something that needs to be done.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It seems like there's always so much to do that I haven't had a lot of free time staying home. This year my youngest graduated from high school, and I finally have a little freedom. I love to sew, and I used to be a freelance writer, so I'm writing again....hoping to revive my career.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• When i'm bored (or frustrated), i clean extra (like shampoo the carpets), or organize something. There's always a drawer or closet that has been neglected for a while. I have a lot of home remodling projects that keep me occupied, other than my normal weekly laundry, cleaning, errands, cooking, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i do a lot of laundry, house cleaning, prepping for meals, doing educational stuff with my 3 year old like going over ABCs, numbers, reading to him and watching thomas the train and little einsteins. we also try to get outside and play as much as possible, but with it still being summer and be being in my last tri its hard to stay outside when its hot. we have also gone swimming, to the library, park and to the mall to walk around. I want to desprately set up my daughters room but since we have limited money and havent been able to buy everything i would like just yet i cant decorate just yet and its driving me nuts.. lol.. i have tried to get back into sewing but its just been to frustrating for me. I love photography and would love to learn to paint landscaping portraits. had a few photo shoots that came out alright, i did impress myself..lol would love to do that as a part time job. i am actually looking into college for it
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I clean the house and in between I play online, take a walk, visit with my neighbor, go to the library or whatever comes up. It's 1p and I have started supper (we're having a roast w/fresh veggies in the crockpot), I have done dishes twice (my sons come home for lunch), mopped the floors and vacuumed the bedrooms, the bathroom's been cleaned and I started a load of laundry. I get a break for a bit and then I'll fold the laundry and put it all away, do dishes again after my sons leave for football practice (they get an hour break in between school and fb), let the dogs out at 3p and relax again. I am planning to take a walk after lunch. Once everyones home it's supper, dishes, possibly another load of laundry and family time after we all get the evening chores done. I don't really have time to get bored. I stay moving.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• What do I do to stay busy? I would love a few minutes of NOT being busy. I don't have to DO anything to stay busy, there's plenty of things that KEEP me busy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I'm in college full time and I'm raising my infant granddaughter. I also have 2 teens who are in high school who have various activities that I taxi them around to. There is constant laundry and housecleaning to be done and I love to take my granddaughter out for walks or just to sit in the yard for fresh air and to listen to the birds. When she naps I sneak in here on CM. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009