He will not burp!

My kid will not burp for anything! I have tried it all...I end up trying to get a burp out 30 minutes and SOMETIMES I'll get one but not all the time. He's bottle fed so I know he's getting air in there...Is it safe to just leave him alone if no burp happens after 30 minutes? I don't wanna give him a tummy ache.

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 12:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe try different positions or "techniques" from having him on your shoulder patting him to rubbing all up his spine to laying him on his stomach on your legs to sitting him on your lap. If he still doesn't burp then i'd day maybe he doesn't have gas. But have the infant gas drops on hand in case he does get a belly ache!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• they do not have to burp all the time. to be honest they can burp on there own. i never really burped any of my kids. just make sure after they are done eating they are sitting up over your shoulder or something. belly aches can happen at anytime, not just after eating. and it wont kill them to not burp.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I wouldnt' worry about it, my son wasn't a burper either, where my daughter could belch the Gettesburg Adress at 3 weeks old lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• my son is the same way most of the time, my daughter the second you put her up straight the burps started. go ahead and try to burp him for a few mins if he doesn't want to than he'll be fine. he may burp an hour later he may not burp at all. if he gets an upset tummy over it, you can put some gas drops in the bottle for him.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009