what did u do to get comfortable and sleep in your last month?

ok seriously ever since i hit the middle of my 8th month i have not been able to get comfortable, i am restless and can not sleep.. i have tried walking laps around my room, peeing, reading books while in bed, watching tv while in bed, sexersicing(lol), walking up and down my stairs a few times to wear myself out, sleep while sitting up in bed, having a fan on me to stay cool, eating a snack right before bed, drinking lots of water and having ice cold water next to my bed. i am at a loss what else can i do to get myself comfortable and finally get some sleep before my daughter gets here in 5 weeks?? desprately seeking answers!!! please help..

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't know what to tell you. I get up 3-4 times a night just to pee. So even uncomfortable sleep is still sleep. If it is really bad, I just get up watch some tv and wait to feel groggy and try again.

You could also try sleeping on a recliner, or prop yourself up in bed with pillows in whatever position you find works. Even if that means with your butt up in the air.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• have you tried to drink a cup of warm milk? laying with a body pillow or having your SO rub your back? thats what works for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I didn't, wish I had an answer for you. I had a body pillow which helped a little, but outside of that I just didn't sleep much.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I try diffrent positions with pillows. Try adjusting your hips to see what takes the most pressure off of them. This is my 3rd pregnancy and this is the best I've got as in getting comfortable, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Im 39weeks and I still cant get comfy
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• is it the comfort thing or the baby beating you up thing? if its baby beating you up, try to slow down on food and drink about an hour or so before bed. otherwise, i've got no other advice there. if its comfort, i have a body pillow i started using it when i was preg w/my 3 yr old and now i can't sleep w/o it. w/both my kids at the end there, i would almost have the body pillow underneath me so it supported my belly and my belly didn't get pushed into my ribs, and i'd have another pillow behind my back (slept on my side) in case i rolled or anything that way it supported my lower back. made it alot easier to sleep, but really you'll sleep better, even if not for as long, once the baby is here, you'll be able to get comfortable and won't have someone beating you up from the inside
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i have a light snack before bed (something that won't turn me into a fire-breathing dragon) lol. then i take some benadryl or tylenol-pm and read for about 30 minutes. and i sleep with a pillow on each side, so no matter how much i toss and turn, i always have one to go between my legs.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I sleep with a body/maternity pillow - a pillow in between my legs (or under my legs when I'm on my back) and I got a wedge pillow for when I'm on my side. Try different positions and get comfortable as possible.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i have a body pillow that i put between my legs at night. its not the baby that is making me uncomfortable its my body.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009