C-section question - Anyone else experience this?

My ds was born a year ago this week, and I am still experiencing complete and total numbness in the area where the surgery was performed. I know that when a section is performed that nerves are cut and cauterized, but I didn't think I'd still be numb a year later. It is quite uncomfortable.

emnasmom

Asked by emnasmom at 1:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine is stilla little numb after 2 years. but not uncomfortable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• my dd is 3 1/2 its not totally numb but the scar and immediate surrounding area is (by like 1/8th of an inch really small area). i stopped noticing after about 2 yrs, now i notice it more b/c i had a second c-section in may. but the numbness and pain continued for about 2 yrs (not pain all the time, just if i sat weird or did something sometimes there'd be a quick pain than it'd be done)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• IT HAPPENS IT TAKES LONGER THAN A YEAR FOR SOME PEOPLE.

Answer by older at 1:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Its normal. My daughter is 3 now and I dont feel a thing anymore. Far as still feeling a little discomfort, mines lasted for a little over a year.
    Se-Se

Answer by Se-Se at 1:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Yep, my son is now 15 months, and I'm still numb where the incision is. Not "completely" numb, I can feel distinct pressure, but I can't feel it...
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i had my son 3 years ago and i still have numbness down there. its normal.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• with my daughter i was healed when she was 4 months.. it went numb sometimes but only lasted for about 5 mins. and it had pain in it.. With my son since it was baby number 2 it took longer to heal. my son is 9 months and it is just now stopping with the numb crap.. But i still get pain in it. which i know ill have that forever..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My son is 4 and My scare and a small portion around the right side is numb and even still itches a little at times. It is normal.
    LeslieMB

Answer by LeslieMB at 5:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My son is almost a year and I have the same problem.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 8:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2009