After the speech

Have you seen anything wrong that Obama said in his speech to children? Can you explain why?
Be civil.

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 1:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• no bc we are all tired of hearing about it. we all have said what we thought can we move on now> please DROP IT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I THINK AFTER THE SPEECH THOSE WHO OPPOSED IT SO FEVERSHLY ARE FEELING A LITTLE SILLY.

Answer by older at 1:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• anon 12:08

if you are tired of this subject then why spend your time to open this one up and answer

you can move on, or better yet, you can log off

boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• After the speech, those who opposed it so feverishly are probably glad they did, so that the lesson plans were scrapped, and they are finally relieved that they had a say in what their children were told and that the government listened to their concerns for THEIR children.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• When I told my DH last week about the speech, DH already told me not to worry about that and he thought it was PR thing. Well, after the speech, I am sure that is really a PR thing. Nothing scary and kids wont remember what he has said today anyway.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 1:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i thought it was just like it was going to be
    every sitting president should give pep talk at the start of school
    and it would not hurt to have a famous teen star give one at the end of school year, like I read books over the summer, do you, maybe kids would listen to someone they admire through tv, movies or music, worth a try

just my opinion
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• oh, was the speech today?? i thought i was tomorrow! so what'd he say?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I could have sworn there was a similiar question..............................

Hey op, did you know you can search question topics before posting? :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• No Anon, I didn't check,apologies, my bad.
    Bea
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 1:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• do not apoligy to that anon b!tch, you can ask any question you want to, it is your right, just like it her right to not answer a question if she thinks "we should move on" then she should have taked her own advice and moved on to another question

you asked nicely and even asked for civil answers, so you did nothing to apoligize for, she should be apoligizing to you

I agree with boredmom, she should have moved on herself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2009