Has anyone ever successfully induced their own labor with natural items?

I'm talking about substances like castor oil, etc. I don't know anyone personally but am in a state of desperation. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

Stoli77

Asked by Stoli77 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• castor oil can make you really sick, but if you are that desperate, then go for it. you can try walking, sex, or even getting a hot bath.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• masterbate with a vibrating dildo..trust me :)
    Anonymous

• what will a hot bath do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• idk what the hot bath will do. i just kow i tried it once and 2 hours later i was in labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Castor oil seems to have an extreme mixed view and since I'm not sure what's true and not, I think I'll skip it. However sex and walking are already things I've been doing daily, maybe I should do them more.lol!! thanks everyone.
    Stoli77

Answer by Stoli77 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Why are you desperate?

How far along are you? You aren't overdue until your 42 week is complete. Gestation is a ragne, the 40 weeks is an average. That means some women go a couple of weeks earlier than that and some a couple of weeks after that. The range is 37-42 weeks when most women go into labor spontaneously. 36 weeks is the rare lower of that range, and 43 weeks is the rare upper. If your family has a history of longer gestations, chances are you will to.

You don't need to induce yourself. Or get induced at all. Just relax and your body will do what it does.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Discuss any DIY labor techniques with your provider before you try them. All of them have their risks to mom and/or baby, and you want to make sure your provider is familiar and comfortable with the risks of any technique you might use and prepared to deal with any complications that may result.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If you have been trying and it wasn't working it would be because your body isn't ripe enough yet.

Are you healthy?
    When are you due?
    Why "desperate"?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2009