I only have $150 that can go towards groceries next month....

How would you stretch it as far as possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• buy only what you need. and by off brand items.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• well u might get tired of chicken but chicken is cheap so buy a lot of that and less cow or pork.. get spaghitti (cant spell sry lol). that always seems to streatch. rice usually goes a long way too. get frozen veggis they go farther then canned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Only buy what you need to make inexpensive meals. Go on supercook.com. I use this site. It helps me keep my grocery list to only what I need and also helps plan meals by what you already have in your kitchen.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It also helps to try to plan what your meals will be, that way you have all days covered and don't have to worry whats for dinner. Don't forget to include what you already have on hand in your menu planning, that will save money too. Clip coupons for the brands you use and shop on double coupon days. If you need bread go to an outlet, they sell bread for more than half the price you pay in the grocery store. Good luck to you!
    Joelygirl

Answer by Joelygirl at 2:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Do you have an Aldi? they have super cheap prices.
    abbys62505

Answer by abbys62505 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Nope. I have a walmart, save a lot, and Kroger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i only spend about $60 every 2 weeks on food shopping. i make a meal chart for each day of those 2 weeks and it helps alot,.. pasta is cheap n goes far and i buy chicken n ground beef can go far as well n rice,.. i made chicken buritos last night,.. just some seasoning,chicken, wraps, n rice all for around $4 and i still have more n a half a bag of rice and the rest of the wraps : ) so that meal is happening again next week lol
    diamondgrl

Answer by diamondgrl at 2:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• 0oh if u like pasta i make tell u how to make suace instead of buying it , just email me
    diamondgrl

Answer by diamondgrl at 2:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Only buy what you need. make a meal plan and make a list from that. buy items on sale and check adds for sales. We have Winn-Dixie here and they have some good deals when they do the buy one get one free. buy the generic brands as well, that can save a few bucks.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Does your family like dried beans?Red beans and rice, northern beans with spices and cabbage and corn bread, split pea soup,You can add meat-ham hocks,ham ends bought at deli counter or not.I seldom use meat in mine because I like it better without.We have a pot of one of these each week in the winter.Not to save money but because it tastes good and makes 2 meals at one time yay.This is super cheap though. good luck

drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2009