What is your story of your water breaking or going into labor...

Where were you and did your water brake? Did you go straight to the hospital or take your time and eat and shower... I was in bed and my water broke at 4:30am I went back to sleep and at 6:30am a huge gush came out and I thought I peed so I went to the toliet and peed and I got up and it was still coming out so I called the hospital and they said to come in and, so I ate and took a shower and then went to the hospital at 8am I had no contractions so they induced me and the next morning i had my son. It was amazing!!

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 1:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• With my 1st born I went into labor at night. My husband had to work the next day so I decided that I would deal with labor pains by myself. I was sitting on our bed and the contractions were getting worse and worse. All of a sudden my water broke. I was mortified. NOT because my water broke. I started crying because my water had just broken on our bed. On our sheets. And we didn't have any extras. LOL. I was HYSTERICAL because my hub would have to wash the sheets before he went to bed that night, lol. With my 2nd I went into labor, went into the birthing center to see my midwife, well, she couldn't see anything but my daughters head pushed into my cervix. We couldn't see the bag of waters or anything, just hair and head. She tried to move the baby slightly so that we could see if my water had broken yet and she accidently broke my water, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• mine broke at home as i was sleeping i was woke up by it. i didnt go to hte hospital until laor kicked in and i was about 6 or 7 mins apart. i didnt want to lay in a hospital bed all day and i know labor isnt fast! so i tried to stay home as long as i could.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I started having contractions at 2 pm, went to the hospital at 10 pm (after the contractions were close enough together). I wasn't dilating very quickly, so they induced my labor, I was on a yoga ball and my water broke (like 1am), it sounded like a balloon popped and when I finally stood up (after like ten minutes) the liquid went EVERYWHERE, they made me get in bed like that, and I couldn't get back out until my DD was born. It was very gross.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• 1st off u shouldnt take a shower u could have hurt the baby.... i woke up at 8am went to the bathroom the second i layed down in the bed my water broke. went str8 to the hospital bc i had to have a c section.. my daughter was here at 12:13pm.. with my son i never went into labor. had a c section with him too.. if i were able to push my daughter out she would have been there so early i was 6CM when they checked me a 2nd time and had to stop my labor. which was at 9am
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• And a SHOWER does not hurt the baby. Wow. LOL! I labored with my son in a hot shower. It was wonderful and RECOMMENDED! It definitely made the contractions easier to handle.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I woke up at 3am and went to the bathroom. Went back to bed and sat and felt some pain (like having a menstrual cramp) and it was getting bad. I woke up my husband and told him I was in labor. He asked me to go walk to the living room and back to the bedroom, w/c I did for about 5 mins. and after that, I could no longer bear the pain. My water did not break. So, at 430am we drove to the hospital and checked in and gave birth the same day at 1136am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2009