Do you understand that in medicine nothing is 100%?

That what seems to go for the majority does not go for all?
Like the risks with smoking... most get cancer, but not all do. Chemo can kill leukemia but it doesn't work for all people with leukemia. There are always exceptions. ALWAYS.
It seems people think that everything in medicine is 100% and doctors should know exactly what is wrong and exactly how to treat it everytime. People vary so much, as do illnesses and injuries. Shit happens. Regular treatment may not work for you. Another approach may be needed. Doctors are not psychic, they just know "what works for most."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Health

• its all about money!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• yep I also know cancer is a big business and they have no desire to find a cure bc they will lose billions. So cancer isn't killing people, greed is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• my sister sees a licensed naturopath because the "it works for most" approach to modern medicine doesn't work for her migraines and the specialize care helps, it hasn't cured it, but it helps.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My dad is a cancer research scientist and I can promise you he doesn't get much money toward what he is doing.
    Kerfuffle

Answer by Kerfuffle at 10:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2009