My son is 9 weeks and he's colic is getting worse...crying a lot more and everyday at night..when he is going to get better?!

rosa78

Asked by rosa78 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• could be a while.. my nephew was colic and he cried until he was 1.... they have colic tablets google colic and u can find something to help him out :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Oh mommy...... My son had full blown 14 hour a day colic til he was 5 months old but didn't stop the all day whining and crying after that even til he was over 1. He was just calmable after the 5 months old. I asked for help from my mom. who I trusted with my son. Otherwise there isn't a whole lot that can be done. Oh, I took him to the chiropractor and that helped a little.. and a little help means the world to a colicky baby and mommy.. I tried gripe water, otherwise "most" babies colic will go away by the time they are 3 or 4 months...so I was told by my Ped.... Email me anytime you need to vent or cry or anything. I KNOW its so hard. No one can understand what a mother and the whole family goes through when they have a colicky child!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I cry with him everyday. I tried everything to help him out. He is my second child...my first one was so easy.
    rosa78

Answer by rosa78 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Oh mommy.. I can totally relate! He was my first which is also why he's my last. I couldn't ever think of going through that again.. one thing that helped a little was bouncing - not easy baby bouncing either, almost jerk bounces like little lunges. Although you can't do that for very long I know! I would wrap him very tight in what looked like a mini straight jacket - he fought it but once it was so tight he finally let himself fall alseep. I had a portable floor swing i'd place him in also once he was tightly wrapped. what else.... have you heard of the 5 - s's? I can't remember the doctors name but if you google 5 - s's that might bring you there -it shows you how to tight wrap them with the arms and do some rocking motions that sometimes helped. Over the arm with the head in the elbow area - belly on your arm and patting the back also helped sometimes - remember, all of these were just sometimes...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My first was like this! Absolutely nothing helped her. Turned out she had a milk and soy protein allergy. She had to go on a hypoallergenic formula and the difference was noticeable immediately. Within the same day she went from being an always crying baby, to a happy baby. If nothing else works try talking to the pedi.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 2:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• is ur baby bf or ff?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Bless your heart! It could also be reflux... talk to your doctor about reflux & silent reflux (where the spit up comes up the esophagus, but just goes back down & causes burning). It may be the cause of the crying, as it was with my son. He was also on the hypoallergenic formula, and things improved - he's lactose & soy intolerant.
    In the meantime, look up "The Happiest Baby on the Block" for a soothing technique and ask trusted friends & family to give you a break. Good luck!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 4:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My daughter had colic from 4 weeks until about three months. Our friend's baby had colic until 9 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• how do you know if a baby is lactose or soy intolerant?
    rosa78

Answer by rosa78 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2009