week old struggling full of gas

as soon as she wakes up shes pushing and nothing but farts.she hasnt pooped all day today.shes really fussy.she starts screaming her head off and crys.i feel so bad.she really goes crazy.doesnt want the bo bo.doesnt want anything but the breast.im scared of over feeding her.its literately like she sleeps for 10 minutes wakes up screams and crys trys to push and wont stop unless she gets a breast.is this normal.what can i do to make her have bowel movements and to let go of all this gas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• gas drops
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Mylicon Gas Drops.
    You can also try bathing her in warmish water - it'll loosen all those muscles and let her relax. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• it happens. try holding her in a football position when feeding so she swallows less air. then make sure you burp her after every feeding. watch what you eat. try to avoid/ limit foods like; onions, and garlic. What you eat goes to her so be careful. when she wakes up crying rotate her legs in a bicycle motion.   good

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My daughter had the same problem when she was a newborn. I would pump her legs. Lay her on her back and move her legs as if she were riding a bicycle. Rub her belly and gentle massage. The warm bath helps also. And I too used the Mylicon gas drops. Good luck!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Mylicon for sure... Ask your dr. if there is anything internal you should be concerned with..... /my daughter was the same... As soon as I stopped eating dairy she was a different & happy baby..
    SweetAkMom

Answer by SweetAkMom at 2:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• if she's farting she don't need gas drops to help her fart, also they act hungry when their belly hurts, try a paci (or is that what a bo bo is) my ds is having the same problem but he'll take a paci and wants me to hold him GL i hope she feels better soon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I don't think you can overfeed a BF baby, unless you maybe start to see her spitting up a lot. I have heard that there is really no such thing as overnursing especially in the begining. It should help get/keep your supply up. My LO also nursed a lot when he was full of gas or poop. I always joked that he was trying to force it out the other end! I now use Gripe Water for my LO's gas problems. It helps instantly but I think they may have to be 4 weeks to get it. It will say right in the directions.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Mine went through this too, mylicon didn't help.

We went and bought some gripe water (the kind with chamomile) and not only did her gas go away.. she is pooping like a champ now.. lol. You could try this. I got mine at Walgreens.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 2:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Breastfed babies can go more that a week without having a bowel movement.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009