Hair loss!

I used to dye my hair alot and I never noticed how much my hair fell out until lately, it may be because my hair was blonde and is black now. My hair is always falling out!! In the shower its bad and after the shower, I shed all over myself, I can always feel those little hairs getting stuck to the back of my arm. I need it to stop before I get thin hair.. How should I fix it?
I wear my hair in a ponytail alot because its just easier, could that be doing it?

danichaos

Asked by danichaos at 1:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• After I had each child I would lose a lot of hair for about a year afterwards. I would sugesst some good vitamins!
    bubblecakes.com

Answer by bubblecakes.com at 2:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If no other women in your family have thinning hairs problems (herreditary), and you aren't under unusual stress, it could be medical. You might want to get your thyroid levels checked. Thyroid problems can cause hair loss. That's the one I know about, but I'm sure there are lots of other hormone/medical issues that might cause hairloss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• you might want to check your thyroids, my step mom had thyroids problems and was loosing her hair too. about a year ago after having my son, I started losing my hair. the doctor said it was due to the pregancy of having my son. he even had a huge long word for it but can't remember what it was called. I would go to the doctor and ask them what could be done.
    sweetheart1207

Answer by sweetheart1207 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It could be stress, it could be a reaction to the hair color. Unless you are losing handfuls at a time, you are probably ok. It always seems like I lose more hair right after I get it colored. We'll see on Wednesday what happens. It could be the ponytail is breaking off hair, so try changing the position of it, or give your hair a break and take it out. :) Esp if your hair is falling out while in a ponytail, it is far more likely that the elastic is causing the problem.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 3:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If you look on ask.com and typr in monistat 7 or yeast infection cream to grow your hair it will tell you it grow hair back.There is an ingredient in it that kill fungus that may get in your hair follicles.I know it's hard to believe and I am sure I will get alot of crazy responses but just look it up and it will tell you.Also mane in tale shampoo and conditioner also helps with breakage and the re thickining of hair.
    SCOOKIH

Answer by SCOOKIH at 6:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2009