idkk :(

I'm trying to figure out if I'm getting ready to or in the early stages of labor, I don't know. This is my first pregnancy and I'm so unsure of myself all the time! I'm almost 37 weeks...

For the past 3 days I've been experiencing what I believe are braxton hicks (belly gets tight toward the top) off and on during the day. I lost some mucous plug yesterday. Well today when I was sitting in class I started getting really crampy, like I was going to start my period and the pain kind of crept around to my lower back. I feel like my vagina is on fire and/or really swollen. The pain died down a little but it's still there.

I know you guys aren't doctors...but if you were to guess, would you say I'm starting early labor? Or what?

I'm very uncomfortable, can't decide if I want to lay down or if I want to walk...I'm just not comfy no matter what I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ur goin to have the baby VERY soon if ur feeling like that.. and u lost ur plug so imma have to say maybe in a week or less.. good luck and breath lol....:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I would say your body is definately preparing! Have you talked to your doctors office? Good Luck! That baby will be coming soon!
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 2:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I dont think it's necessarily early labor. I have no idea what losing a mucus plug is like, because i didn't notice it with my first. But the rest of the cramping/braxton hicks and pain in your crotch is just what happens at the end. The baby is putting a lot of pressure on ya down there, so that's why it hurts, and the braxton hicks are just getting you ready for labor. It sucks and it's uncomfortable, but i think you'll know for sure if you are going into real labor! It's kind of hard to miss! LOL!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 2:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It really doesn't matter one way or the other. No one can do anything for you until you hit active labor. It sucks to be so uncomfortable, I know, but it won't be much longer.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2009