Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

insurance for my baby

i thought my baby would be covered by my insurance which is under my fathers nae.i have my babies 1st doctor appointment tomorrow.they told my father he would have to claim her on his income tax for her to be covered by his i think im gonna apply for medicaid.will they deny her tomorrow at the doctors office because shes not claimed on insurance or will they let me pay it or w.e after i get the medicaid.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (10)
  • How old are you that you didn't know that insurance doesn't extend to grandchildren? What state are you in? They all have different rules about Medicaid? And call the doctor's office. Their billing person will know the answers and help you because they want to get paid.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • insurance does cover grandchildren my father said the grandchildren should be covered.and she can get age doesnt matter.and im in ny.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • Allow him to claim her on his taxes then. I get you want that money you did not pay in taxes back for her but she needs insurance so do what is best for her not you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • Well shoot, if grandparents can get their grandchildren on their insurance then why haven't we all done that? Because insurance only pays for the adult whose policy it is and their children or adopted children, not grandchildren and whoever else wants their bills paid.
    Get your baby on Medicaid, but expect to pay cash for this appointment.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • Why are you having a baby that you can't afford?

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • Oh geez ANON @ 4:08 who can afford children? You can? What do you do so I can aspire to be just like you someday? (Can you smell the sarcasm & contempt?)

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • If he can get coverage for her under his policy, then he needs to notify the insurance company that he is adding her as a dependant. It usually takes effect from birth as long as you notify them within 30 days (see policy) You should find out ALL the details as far as what you qualify for, effects on taxes, etc.


    Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • anon 4:08.i can afford my baby you fuckin dunce.no1 said i couldnt.go dig a hole and bury yourself.seriously.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • thanx 2 every1 else who wasnt an ass

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

  • OP that was rude of you. You asked for help. You can't expect everyone to play nice on the internet. Which you knew because you posted anon. Obviously you are young and you can't afford your baby's insurance because you are dependant on your dad and talking about medicaid. You couldn't be dependant on your dad unless you are under 18, and full time student or disabled. Those are the rules of insurance with certain high cost extensions by COBRA. Anyone who has been dropped from their parents insurance after graduating from college knows this. Why you came here rather than call the Dr.'s office in the first place I wouldn't know. The only people who can give you reliable advice on this are at the Dr. office, the insurance company or your dad's HR department. Telling people to bury themsleves and thanking them for not being asses is uncalled for!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN