How do I kick the cravings?

I'm trying to lose weight, but I keep having cravings for sweet food, anything with sugar, I have and addiction to it or something, but how do I get myself to not eat it, I feel like I can't concentrate on anything else till I have something sweet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• brush your teeth with minty toothpaste
    eat an apple or kiwi

Answer by rkoloms at 3:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Try chewing sugar-free gum or eating sugar-free jello, pudding, or popsicles.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 4:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I lost a lot of weight and ate what ever I wanted - portion control.
    The fastest way to fail a diet plan is to deprive yourself of the foods you want. If you crave ice cream than have 1 scoop which is less than 100 calories, most cookies are 80 calories each, a 12oz can of regular soda is 150 calories. 1 tsp of sugar is only 16 calories.
    I also agree with both of the other posters - fruit, jello, pudding, gum.
    Read labels many sweet foods can be eaten, just watch how much you are eating.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Also if you are like me and love chocolate, chocolate popsicles are awesome, sugar free fat free :).
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 12:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Dark chocolate is no sin and my mom swears that milk chocolate only makes her want more and more, but dark chocolate doesn't. It's A LOT healthier than milk chocolate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Sep. 11, 2009