I am so EFFIN PISSED!

I work for a temp agency. I called wednesday to see if I did direct deposit if my check would be in there thursday, of course not i knew that. But she said they would mail them out thursday therefore I would get it by monday. Well monday being a holiday i wasnt expecting it, but i was today. It didnt come and then I called and asked whens the latest it should be here and when they mailed it out because someone told me it would be here monday. They said oh well she wouldnt have told you that because she has been here for 20 years. HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT SHE TOLD ME? I wouldnt be expecting a paycheck on that day if I wasnt told I would get it that day. Now I have no money! And a 15 month old to feed WTF. Why if you work for a temp do they assume your below their level, when thats all there is out there. There is no other work

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• Wow. What a rude responce, you're obviously having a bad day, people are so damn rude.
    Anyhow, I'm sorry that you're going through this. I don't work at a temp agency, but I dont think temp workers are any less than full time, permanent employees. In fact a lot of times they are better workers because they want to find a full time permanent job.

Sorry again, and good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• lol go pick some money off the trees
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• screw you anon get off your f**kin high horse. sitting at home while your sugar daddy provides for you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• lol heck yeah! :) thats what im talking about.... even though I work 2nd shift and sacrifice seeing my husband int he evenings to help provide for the family.. but i only do that part time so I guess that doesn't count huh?i love my life
    Anonymous

• If you have the ablity you might want to start picking up your checks. Or at least the next couple until you get on a budget. The people at the temp agency are busy finding more jobs to fill and find the people to fill the jobs. They don't care if you get your check Monday or the following Thursday as long as they got a good report on you and can use you in another assignment. Make yourself stand out by being about doing a good job not about how soon you can get paid. I work on commission and typically get paid 3 months after my part of the job is completed. Sorry you are having a hard time, but don't bite the hand that could feed you. They have plenty of other unemployed they can call next time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Why didn't you just go pick it up? The mail runs slow around the holidays. Next time you know to plan better. Go on bash me people that use common sense always get bashed on here.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• anon I cant pick it up because they dont do that anymore. They mail them out (waste of money in my opinion) I was told corporate send them to the office and they mail them out, today i was told corporate mails them out from georgia.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Ok, so now that you know......don't expect your check on Monday anymore. Let this be a lesson learned, the mail doesn't arrive when you think it should. If getting it through the mail is the only option, there isn't much you can do about that. Just plan ahead for next time. Being angry isn't going to change anything, don't say anything that you are going to regret. Even if you don't regret it, don't say anything that will make you lose your job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Whenever I see an anon question followed by ALL anon answers, it makes me think that the same person who asked the question is the one answering too LMAO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Can't you just go pick it up??
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2009