83% Say Proof of Citizenship Should Be Required to Get Government Health Aid

What do you think?

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Um yeah. I don't like to pay for other peoples healthcare or food or anything. I have to be a citizen, why not anyone else?

Answer by jenree33 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Well duh...that should be common sense. Why would we want to spend money we already dont have on people that aren't even citizens and contributing to our country?

Answer by MommaTurbo at 2:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• This is good. Shame on the 17% who said no.

Answer by BEXi at 2:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

Perfectly said

Answer by mamakirs at 2:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• That's a no brainer...why should we be paying for those who aren't citizens of this great nation...those 17% are probably here illegally.

Answer by usmc0351wife at 2:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I absolutely agree. Why should we have to pay for ppl who are not even citizens? If you are not here legally and want health care either become legal or go back to your own country.

Answer by angelachristine at 2:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• LOL this is funny. All of you are on the inside only seeing what you want to see. How about this- im not a citizen, but I work. And I pay taxes and when I wasnt working I had still paid taxes for 4-5 years prior to needed medical assistance. You still think that it shouldnt be available to me? Step out of your box and put your self into someone elses shoes. Oh and by the way, I needed it because I didnt have medical and I had cervical cancer.

Answer by LuvsDanika at 2:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• oh yeah, and I am a legal resident. Do you know how many LEGAL residents there are in this country? None of which you think should be eligible for medical care if needed?

Answer by LuvsDanika at 2:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Luvs, Obviously, you werent and arent an illegal. An illegal has no intentions of paying taxes (working under the table) and no intentions of taking the right steps to becoming legal..

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It says citizen- not legal. Whats even better, is the fact that there are so many CITIZENS that sit on their ass and expect to let the dollars and free things from the government roll in, what makes them better? They were born here?

Answer by LuvsDanika at 2:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2009