Target has gift registry right? I'm going to go register there today for my baby shower

Any tips on items to scan that I might leave out?

I'm thinking wipes, diapers, detergent, a baby monitor, shampoos, lotions, safety stuff, accessories for the stuff i already have for baby

anything else? do you think anyone would care if i scanned a few things for our house or just me? not expensive things at all, or is that inappropriate?

tips please!

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• WASHRAGS! and I think towels to match are reasonable. I used I don't know how many and was always running out. Now I am kind of upset I didn't think to get matching towels so I could use them in my bathroom. Bottles-even if you plan to breastfeed, you don't want to have to run to the store three days after the baby is born to get them if you don't have enough milk
    must haves:
    Sleeping accommodations (I couldn't co-sleep, he woke me up every 25 min)
    Swing/bouncy chair
    Bottles
    Wipes
    Diapers
    easy to clean place to change him (they sell the waterproof flannelly stuff by the yard some places)
    Laundry soap
    Large pan for boiling/sterilizing stuff (skip the sterilizer, just use a pan)
    Handful of toys you like (and wont annoy you)
    Weather appropriate clothing for at least 6-9 months
    Towels, ect
    Stroller big one and umbrella
    Sling/backpack
    formula
    safety stuff
    anything else to make your life
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i'd stick to just stuff for the baby
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I believe that is inappropriate, unless it is something baby related. But who knows, it may not be inappropriate in your family, so it is really up to you.
    They have an awesome baby registry, and after you get it set up at the store you can also add stuff online.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I just registered there the other day and it was awesome! Maybe a rocker or glider would be appropriate. I registered for infant tylonal mylicon and bottle racks, sterilizers, humidifier, idk everything in sight! Oh and they have a bottle warmer that plugs into your car like a charger, that too
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I registered for room decorations for the baby's room such as rug, door hanging decoration, diaper stacker, hangers, lamp, valance, curtain....but not at target didn't cross my mind until at toys r us also online sometimes has more to choose from.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• MEDS! and room decorations- good!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You'll need the tylenol after baby gets shots and in case of emergency and mylicon was awesome for my first
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Super great ideas, thank you!

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• We registered for a case of beer just to be funny and someone actually got it for us. I would just put baby stuff on there. I always liked to put some clothes on there, so people get an idea of what you like. We put some big stuff on ours too, like the travel system , crib mattress, pack n play, and we got all of them. More is better in my opinion. Have fun!
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I was thinking about scanning a bottle of wine to be funny- but i don't know everyone who is coming so i'm not sure if they'll "get" the joke. I do want the wine though :)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009