Does my son need a bath every day?

He is 1 and crawling around. He doesn't get very dirty, mostly just his feet. I clean him with a wipe before bed and give him a bath every other day. Should I start bathing him every day? I always read that kids only really need a bath twice a week unless they are muddy or stink.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• MY ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS YES!

Answer by older at 2:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I think that bathing them every day is too hard on their delicate skin. I sometimes give my daughter a bath every day (when she gets dirty or needs to calm down) but I don't use soap every time... usually every 3rd day or so.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Oh man, I am a crazy momma and I bathe my little one at LEAST once a day. On my days off I bathe her twice a day. Granted, she is a little older and gets into everything, and plays outside like there was no tomorrow and does NEED a bath ever day, but even when she was tiny I bathed her every day. I don't know what it is for me, but I just can't stand the thought of putting her to bed without being bathed. It also helps a LOT to have a bed time routine for us, potty, bath, pull up, lotion, PJs, bed time story, night time light/music, bed. So for us a bath is must!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I give my daughter a bath everday just because I take one and I feel bad if she doesn't.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• it's up to you....i know what other moms say about bathing their kids twice a week and what not but i bathe mine every day, i have since they were born but i just feel like since i shower daily, my kids will be bathed daily
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I don't do it everyday bc my son has ecezma and it's hard on his skin i do every other or 3days of course if one of those days he gets filthy i bathe him
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It is actually really hard on their sensitive skin to have a bath everyday. As long as they are clean,, they don't need one EVERY day.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 2:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Well, I would say they don't really need bath everyday since their skin are easy to dry out and you have apply lotion more often if you did bath them. I think you know the best if he is dirty or not. Although we did give our kids bath everyday when they're 1, we liked them to spend time with Daddy(who was the one bathed them when they're 1) so I thought that was a good way for my kids to bond with Daddy before bedtime.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 2:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I agree that it is extremely hard on their skin to be bathed everyday. My kids bath more frequently in the summer as they are outside playing more and sweat more of course. some of those baths are just bubble baths, no soap or scrubbing, since it is harmful for their skin. But at the age of your baby, i bathed mine minimum twice a week. if they had extemely soiled diapers, i would bath them more often. If you feel you need to bath her everyday, don't wash her all over with soap. the just the dirtier areas.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I would give my son a bath everyday at this age but because it was part of his bedtime routine. my son is 22 months now and I give him a bath 2 times a week but he also has sensitive scalp and skin.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2009