Didn't Obama say no lobbyists would be working in his administration? Is this Transparent?

The Washington Times: Barack Obama’s appointee for Undersecretary of Homeland Security~Science and Technology apprently forgot to mention that she worked for a firm that LOBBIED Congress IN THE SAME area that she will now run.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/sep/08/obama-nominee-omitted-ties-to-biotech//print/

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• HAHAHAHAHA all I did was read the title and it cracked me up!

hey read michele malkins book 'culture of corruption'
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• LOL! I don't believe everything he said and says, to be honest.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 2:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Yes, that is what he said. But, the majority still aren't, so that is good. Her being one, well, I think they should remove her.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Come on grly, you know he meant transparent about other administrations, not his own.

Similarly, I am still waiting on Nancy Pelosi to 'drain the swamp'.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Well what is transparent is that by executive order order Obama allowed for certain lobbyists, but forbids executive branch employees from working in an agency, or on a program, for which they have lobbied in the last two years.

So yeah, I think it's transparent. That was back in January. This is current events how?

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 3:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Thats all he has is lobbyists it seems.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• but forbids executive branch employees from working in an agency, or on a program, for which they have lobbied in the last two years.

Because she failed to mention ALL the lobbying she has done. INCLUDING the lobbying that directly reates to the department she will be overseeing. What's that all about? I thought he said NO lobbyists would work in his administration? 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• This is current events how?

Sriver, it doesn't have to be current events, it fits the bill of POLITICS. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Well grly I guess you just don't keep up with the news then, because shes eligible to work in the administration under his executive order passed in January. Nearly every politician of worth in Washington had lobbied at some point in time, so it would be impossible to bring experienced people in with such a hardlined rule.

However, I'm sure YOU keep all YOUR promises :)

Anon :21 Greaattt thanks for that valuable contribution. I guess we'll just keep rehashing old news here on P&CE.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 1:02 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Nearly every politician of worth in Washington had lobbied at some point in time, so it would be impossible to bring experienced people in with such a hardlined rule.

All this says to me is that he is so inexperienced that he would have promised such an absurd thing, that would eventually prove him a liar.  Can't expect much from a Jr. Senator.  It's not like he won with a landslide against a strong competitor. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Sep. 9, 2009