Spin off from another question

okay but who would you rather get medical- a mexican under a false name so he can work to provide for his family, paying taxes as well, but still here illegally- or a citizen that has never worked a day in their life, possibly has 5 kids, gets food stamps, medical and whatever else is available and has no intention of EVER going out and even looking for a job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't have a problem with either of them getting medical assistance. I think health care should be viewed as a basic human right, not a commodity.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• neither.

Option One: Because my family came through the front door so should the rest. It is not difficult to do it legally.

Option Two: Because if you are not willing to contribute to the invisible money pot that I put money in for you to see a doctor; then you should do the same so someone else can go see a doctor.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Crissy1213, the question states that the mexican is illegal but paying taxes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

How was my answer hard to understand?

Option one was for the Immigrant
    and
    Option two was for the lazy American.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• They can both get treatment they both should have to pay for it themselves like millions of us do every year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• The American because he or she has the right to be here, they're one of our own.

BTW, if the illegal is working to support his family doesn't that include medical care? While he's at it he needs to work on becoming legal. IMO, Illegals are the biggest security risk to the country. Any country should know of everyone that's in it. How else is our government supposed to protect us from terrorists?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I would rather the 2nd. At least there is HOPE they will CHANGE their ways and get a job. If we offer more incentives for people to come to the US illegally, we will have a problem exponentially greater than what we have now.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Neither.

Criminals and lazy butts don't deserve my tax dollars. I would rather spend my money on services for my OWN autistic child. It is not my place to provide for the world.

Bash if you wish, but the disabled in my own home trumps all others.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• yourspecialkid, you make an interesting point.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Well, reality is if the illegal immigrant possess fake ID that has him/her paying taxes into the system under a phony social security number, said person would be able to use that same ID to secure health care benefits using the same fake ID under any plan that requires proof of legal residence (which is different than proof of citizenship.)

That said, this spin off comes from a question that poses the citizenship test for health care benefits. If a person is here legally and working on a green card, paying taxes into the system, then by all means, use your green card for benefits too. However, that is NOT the same as an illegal alien. I'm sorry, I don't think we should be extending benefits of legal residence to people who opted to NOT follow the legal process.

Part 2 - if a person has paid into the system at some point, they should be able to draw off it.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 3:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2009