DOES THIS WORK OK!

do dollar store test work ok and i still have 8 days before im suppost to start!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Dollar store tests work just as well as any other test, but they're not sensitive enough to pick up small amounts of hCG. For early testing, you should really get one of the tests that specifically advertises that you can take it up to 5 days before your missed period; otherwise, you're probably going to get a negative whether you're pregnant or not, and it has nothing to do with it being a cheap test, just that it's not made to detect pregnancy that early.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• No
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 6:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i never used them before but I heard on here they work just as good. I always buy the Target brand.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I got a positive on the day I expected my period, using the test from Dollar Tree. There is a website called peeonastick. She explains the differences in the tests' sensitivity.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 2:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2009