Do you have a gun safe?

My husband bought a large heavy gun safe and it just looks lovely in our bedroom. Lol jk Our bedroom is our Family room cause the kids r in the 3 bed rooms. I rather it be in the front living room but its too small. He said if anyone asks we just have documents in there. OMGOSH that thing is hugh and heavy I doubt anyone can seal it and the guns so easily. Where do u keep yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. We don't own any guns but if we did they'd go in the gun cabinet that I have next to my desk. It was my dad's and was custom built in 1967. It's made of wood & has a glass door (with a lock)on the top and below there's a locked cabinet for ammunition. My husband converted it in to a DVD storage unit a few years ago (the top area, which doesn't lock now) and the bottom area holds all of our important papers and stays locked at all times. I grew up (from infancy, I was born in 1967) with this gun cabinet in the house, with hunting rifles in the top area and a hand gun and ammo in the bottom area. My dad kept the key on top of the gun cabinet and us kids knew WAY better than to even think about touching ANYTHING in the gun cabinet, ever. If w had guns, they'd be in it and it would stay locked and the key would be kept hidden.

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• We don't have any guns.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Gosh, We have a gun closet, they don't make a safe big enough for all of our guns. We're buying new guns at least 3-4 times a month. Love Em!

In our spare bedroom we put a deadbolt on the door of the big walk in closet. We have actually been thinking about using the whole room because now the closest is getting too small.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My husband built one. The main purpose right now is to keep my 2 year old away from them, not keep them from being stolen, so the thing he built works great. As she gets older, we will teacher her gun safety. We're going to need to get one for our bedroom though. Hubby likes ot keep it on the nightstand in case someone brakes in. So he wants to get one of those that you put your hand on and it's easy to punch the code. They are expensive though!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My husband keeps his in the garage or the hunting shack. The shells are hidden from everyone includung me.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I don't have any guns. My parents do though, and they have a huge gun safe that is bolted to their bedroom floor. Only they know the code and they change it about once a month, even though no one else could possibly know it. They take gun safety very seriously, and so do my kids and I. My boyfriend wants to buy a gun, and he knows that I won't even consider it unless he brings home a gun safe first.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i refuse to have a gun in my house but my in laws have guns kept in the closet. cause ya know thats safe & stuff. *rolls eyes*
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• We have a nice wooden gun case with a glass paned door on it so you can see all the guns inside it. It is in our living room and is the first thing people see when they walk in our home.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2009