whats a good shopping list?

i need a list of cheap, and easy foods. possible foods that streatch. I have 4 kids to feed 9 months to 4 yrs! I need snack ideas, breakfast, lunch and dinner.. i went from having 2 kids to 4 pretty much over night and im not yet use to feeding them. my kids usually ate what i ate but with 4 kids i need more then just my plate of food! plus they all sit down and eat while im busy doing something else...:) thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I would buy pasta and frozen foods if you're trying to stay on a budge. Although I buy an entire weeks worth of fresh fruits and veggies for 3 for around $12. I usually get grapes, cantaloupe, melon, strawberries, stuff to make a salad, squash, zucchini, onion, sweet potatoes, celery and carrots. For breakfast my 9 month old usually has cut up fruit and toast. For lunch usually pasta with a veggie, for dinner usually a meat and a veggie with a roll or something. If you but the pizza dough mix you can make bread "their size" and it's only like $0.50 a pack. Also i bake muffins, have raisin or other dried fruit, gold fish and tortillas for snacks. I hope this helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Breakfast- different kinds of cereal, pop tarts, waffles, pancakes, french toast, toast
    Lunch- chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, hot dogs, grilled cheese, pb&j
    Snacks- crackers, applesauce, fruit cups, fruit snacks, yogurt, cheese
    Dinner- spaghetti, sloppy joes, tacos, chicken, mashed potatoes
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You need to plan your meals, then base your grocery list on your meal plan. Look for recipes using dried beans and lentils; they are great -stretchers. Send me a message offlist if you would like some recipes. Here is a link to my favorite tips for saving money at the grocery store: http://www.ehow.com/how_5223945_save-even-money-grocery-store.html

Answer by rkoloms at 3:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009