Do I put fresh corn on the cob in fridge or freezer?

And how long can I store it? And exactly how long to I boil fresh corn on the cob?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Are you wanting to eat it withing the next week? Then you can keep it in the fridge. But if you want to freeze any to save you have to blanch it. This means you boil it for 5 minutes, or 10....you may want to look it up on the internet to make sure. But boil it long enough to basically kill any germs/bacteria. Then you immerse it in cold water. Then you cut it off the cob and put in storage baggies or containers to freeze it.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• the corn will float and turn yellow when its done..u put it in the fridge some ppl put it in the freezer.. not so sure on how long bc we usually leave ours there for a couple of days :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Thanks you guys!(OP)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• To have perfectly cooked corn on the cob what I do is start with cold water, put the corn in and turn the heat on. As soon as the water starts to boil the corn will be perfectly cooked.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i agree with canadianmom,.. thats what i do
    diamondgrl

Answer by diamondgrl at 7:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• according to the website I found.. you can leave it on your counter, its good for only a few days to a week tops, and you can boil for 5-7 minutes if the water is already boiling when you put the corn in, or 2-4 min. if you start off with cold water. it will float when its done
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2009