A date for the wedding

So I am going as a date to a wedding. I wont know anyone there and my date is in the wedding and has to sit at the head table. So i will be having dinner alone...I dont know anyone going, its a fairly small wedding. So I told my date to text me when dinner is over ( i dont know the people getting married so i dont need to go to the actual wedding either). After the dinner I will go and meet him for the party. Is this wrong? Should i hav eto sit there during wedding and dinner feeling weird that I dont know anyone and he is busy....Ugh!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I would go. You may meet a new friend, who knows.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I agree. you should go. He invited you, and you agreed. Im sure you'll be introduce to people and older people can be very talkative. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Yeah, I'd go, it's rude to just show up for the party. My hubby's been in tons of weddings where I wasn't. It may be a little awkward, but if your date is important to you at all, why wouldn't you want to get to know his friends or family?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Showing up to the reception when you don't bother going to the wedding is very rude. Also, if you've RSVPed to say you're coming and you don't show up then that's a meal they have to pay for that won't be eaten. Either go or don't. Your date will still be busy at the reception in any case, usually the attendants are doing things like passing round favors or cake or just attending to the bride and groom.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Ok Im hearing you. I am going to go cause I told him I would..None of his family is going I have met all of them. He told me I prob. wont know anyone there. I just hate the idea of going to a wedding alone then having an hour to kill while he's at pics, then he is at the head table and I have to find somenoe to sit with. His other best friends are going to be at the head table too and some of their dates are bridesmaids. not very many invited to the wedding...100 at the most so I just think it will be akward and boring for a few HOURS. Meanwhile Im paying a babysitter and he doesnt need me there until dancing time... I know Im not trying to be rude he just warned me I would be alone for hours and I told him to txt me when he needs a date and Ill show up....but I was kinda playin with him to see his reaction, but he wants me there so Ill go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I'd tell him to come visit after it's all over

Answer by admckenzie at 4:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2009