Is it safe to get a hbv vaccine while pregnant?

I just started school this fall and they are making us all get immunizations. Little problem...Yesterday I found out I am a month pregnant. I know the influenza vaccine is okay but what about the Hepatitis V vaccine?

JaydaLott19

Asked by JaydaLott19 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What? Are you talking about Hepatitis A, B or C? Or the gardisil for HPV?

I've never heard of Hep V
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• NO. It even says on the commercials its not safe. Have your doctor write a note saying youre medically exempt.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• There is vaccine for Hep B, but sorry I have never heard of V, I had to have an MMR, three Hep B, varicella titer, three ppd's and a few more but never a Hep V.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Ok, just finished looking it up, hbv= the Hep B vaccine. As far as a risk to your baby, most say no, and it is safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding, you can check with the policy's and procedures at the place you would be getting your vaccines from to find out if they do them or not.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I wouldn't take it. Get an exemption form from your doctor. Also, you can request to have your blood titres checked. If you have immunity there is no need to have the vaccine.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009