are there any websites to help u plan meals?? or enter a budge price that it helps u work with??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I know there are sites that teach you to plan menu's, but I don't know of any where you can tell them what your budget is and them help you plan a menu....that is a great idea. I love Kraft.com, and I love taste of home magazine (I know they have a website, but I'll have to look it up. They both have budget friendly recipes. Rachel Ray is now doing budget meals for under $10(for a family of 4) on her talk show, and they print the menus and shopping lists on her website.

I made myself a weekly menu planner on the computer, and have a collection of family favorites that I know are affordable....I try to stay under $10 a dinner for a family of 4 adults...husband, me, and our sons ages 17 &20, who eat more than we do. Friday is trash day, so Thursday I clean out the fridge and cupboards, then I know what I have on hand, I grab the ads and print up a menus planner and plan for the next week.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• www.hillbillyhousewife.com is a great place to find a meal plan for a tight budget; she has two sample menus set up for $45 or $70 a week.

I do my own meal planning and I use www.recipezaar.com, www.supercook.com to find recipes to use the ingredients I already have and then go to www.mealsmatter.org to set up my meal plan. Once the meal plan is set up I can ask for a grocery list, then remove items I already have and print out a list of what I need.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Here is a cheap (fattening) Meal. 1lb hamburger $2.00, 3-4 packages top ramen .80, 1pg of frozen veggies .98.

Brown hamburger and drain, mix in; crushed ramen and seasonings, 1.5 cups water per ramen package, and veggies. cook for about 5 min on med to med-hi heat.

My family loves it. This makes enough for a family of 4 or 5.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2009