My little girl starts dance class today at the Y. What does she need to wear or bring?

It's an intro to Jazz, Tap and Ballet class. This is the first time I have done anything like this not sure on a lot of things, but I think she is going to love it.

Trinitysmom1205

Asked by Trinitysmom1205 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Didn't they tell you what she needs to wear? My niece took intro to tap and ballet last year and she needed tap shoes, ballet shoes, a black body suit and white tights. A skirt or tutu was optional.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I would check with the class instructor. They will most likely have "rules" on what the children are suppose to wear.

If they don't, you should invest in a couple of leotards, a few pairs of tights, ballet shoes and tap shoes. This makes the little ones feel like dancers. If you have the money, a cute skirt or tutu is also really neat.

If you are looking for inexpensive, Target and Wal Mart have cute leotards. You can get dance shoes at Wal Mart and Payless. Check with your school before buying shoes, they may have a specific color they want the dancers to have.

She is going to love it! My dancer is now 23 and teaching classes. We've been doing this since she was 3.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 4:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Call and ask. They have specific things they need. My daughter needed any color color leotard, pink tights, tap shoes and ballet shoes. Some kids go all out. Be prepared for tutus, ballet sweaters, ballet skirts, leg warmers, buns, etc.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Thank you for all the answers...I did buy shoes but I didn't consider that they would need a specific color and I had already bought some leotards with the little skirt on them. I can't wait her and I love to shop..we just can't buy all the time.

Trinitysmom1205

Answer by Trinitysmom1205 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2009