Is your husband USELESS?

I am so angry, we both work but work kind of different hours so we don't have to pay for day care (between the two of us and my parents, she doesn't have to go to day care). Well I have been working really hard on potty training her, and I went to work today, so my hubby and little girl met me for lunch, and he has her in a diaper! And on top of it, he told me that when she woke up from her nap she has pooped all over herself, and that he hadn't taken her to the potty all day! Ok, well while this is new for our household, he has been there the last few days when I was working my BUTT of to get her used to the toilet, and going on a consistent basis, and then he just lets her poop all over?! I am SO pissed I could scream, and I am sick of him being useless!! What is the point of being married when you're a single mom anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Anon 1:34
    Yea, maybe being a single mom isn't the same as being married, but only because being married means not only do you have to take care of and clean up after your kids, you have to take care of and clean up after an adult. :-)

I'm not a single mom, but I feel the same way as the OP here sometimes feels, especially when as this mom obviously does, she wants her kid to be taken care of, it sounds like she would just be better off taking her kid to day care. I wouldn't want to leave my child with my husband if he let her poop on herself (I understand kids have accidents, but it doesn't sound like that is what happend here).

People don't know other peoples circumstances, and coming in here b*tching at the OP about something that isn't related DOESN'T help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i hear ya
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If I had one, he would be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It is frustrating, but you might as well learn now that men just don't view the world as women do. He probably doesn't care if your daughter is potty trained, just as my husband doesn't care if my son wears matching clothes or brushes his teeth......LOL!

Also, for most men, you have to SPELL everything out for them. 8:00 AM take "Susie" to potty - 8:05 put underwear on "Susie" - 9:00 take "Susie" back to the potty

Hang in there mommy/wife you will get them both trained eventually. :)

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 4:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• OP here: I am posting anon because I am freaking embarrased like crazy because my stupid husband lets my daughter poop all over herself!

And it is VERY frustrating, I just can't stand it! I woke her up, gave her a bath, put her in a pull up, got her dress and ready for the day, and they show up for lunch, she is in a totally different outfit, with her hair all crazy (he had to give her another bath) all of which is ok, I could deal with that, but the potty traning thing makes me CRAZY mad because I have seriously been stressing about the whole thing, taking her to the potty every 30 minutes ALL day for the last like week, and I am just livid! I could kill him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Yes, you're definitely not alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• so bc yur dh wasn't a great potty trainer you have the audacity to compare yourself to a single mom? lady u have no clue & u have insulted single moms everywhere. quit feelin sorry 4 yurself and wipe the kid's butt. women like u make me want 2 scream. u have no idea what being single is about. u have so many helping you and single moms don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• OP here: Sorry if I offended anyone, wasn't my intention!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2009