Telling hubby I want to keep the baby...

I was trying to figure out a fun way to tell Hubby I want to keep our 2nd baby, after a week of going back and forth through confusion.

just got home from Babies R' Us, and I bought a pack of really cute, gender friendly, onesies. I'm going to hang them in the living room with a note that says "I picked these up for the new baby, on 3 conditions." for Matt to see when he gets home in the morning. He's going to be thrilled! After he gets home, we'll have the whole day to spend together since I don't work, so I'm sure he'll come in, and wake me up right away, and ask what 3 conditions I'm talking about.
#1. I already found a crib I like that matches our bedroom furniture, and it's a "mini" crib, but still a 3-in-1, so the baby can sleep in our room and we won't be too smushed, like we are with Aiden(our current 6 month old) in our room now. So, I'm going to tell him I want that. Haha

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 4:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• (cont)
    #2. Matt said we'll only need 1 changing table in Aiden's room for both babies to share. BUT I'm going to tell him we'll need 2, because we need one to keep in our room for when Aiden's asleep, and the baby wakes up. There's a really cheap one that matches the crib I found.
    #3. I'm gonna need a lot more help from him than what he helps out like now.

What do you think? :D
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 4:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• what do you mean
    "I was trying to figure out a fun way to tell Hubby I want to keep our 2nd baby, after a week of going back and forth through confusion."?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Did your husband want you to abort?
    Anonymous

• Why did'nt you want to keep the baby or was it your hubby more then you or you more then him. I am sorry not understanding completely.?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I think I'M confused! Lol. So he already knew you were pregnant? So... what's there to tell him?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Good for you. I'm sure he'll be happy if you are happy

Answer by admckenzie at 4:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• And what are you planning to do if he won't meet the three conditions? I'm a little disturbed by your question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• This is reading as you require new furniture or you wont keep the baby.
    I think you should reword...
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 4:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Yeah, I don't fully understand what you are stating here. It honestly sounds like you are saying this, "I will keep the baby I have growing inside of me, but only if my hubby will buy the furniture I want." What the hell????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Okay, it's a silly joke between us about the "3 conditions" thing. Idk why, but we always have just 3 silly conditions about everything. It's an ongoing joke.

I'm going to keep the baby no matter what! I'm so excited! Sorry if the wording was off ladies.
    And for the first week & 1/2 we knew, we couldn't decide what to do. Hubby REALLY wanted to keep the baby the whole time, but I was confused if I did or not.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 4:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2009