Why is self mutilation so bad especially if you are not doing it deep enough to die?

I miss it :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because it is MUTILATION!

Not healthy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You pluck your eyebrows dont ya....thats self mutilation.
    Anonymous

• What? This can't be a serious question.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Because people who self-mutilate are much MUCH more likely to committ suicide. It's not a healthy means of expression.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

That's not self mutilation . . . that's called grooming. I also shave my legs and comb my hair. You need to seek therapeutic help.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It can be thought of as a form of self expression but mostly it is part of a disorder called BPD. That's the part that can be bad ...there are lots of emotional things attached to it. If you just have to do it then at least sterilize your "tool" of choice and use alcohol on your open flesh to keep from getting an infection

Answer by admckenzie at 4:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Because it is usually just the manifestation of a deeper problem like depression or some other issue. It would be better to deal with the root problem than to continue with the mutilation. Even if the cutting or whatever won't cause you to die, the underlying issue may eventually cause you to worsen the mutilation or do something worse.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• No I dont need help and I am NOT more likely to commit suicide. Unless you have done it, you don't know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• btw, there are CM groups for that if you want to talk to others who do it (or try not to do it )

Answer by admckenzie at 4:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• So if your kids mutilate themselves, you won't care?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009