How much money do you spend a year on Christmas presents?

Strictly for family, not friends, co-workers, or neighbors.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Holidays

• 500 i think,but i really wanns not do christmas this year,i wanna just do kids,we only have two so i just wanna buy one present and thats all.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Oh god, too much. I have a huge family. We do immediate family (4 siblings and parents) plus my hubbys family (parents, and two sisters, one of whom is married and has 5 children) then with my dads family we each get one person a gift (its like a big giant gift exchange). So, all in all I have 22 people to buy for (including my DH an DD). So, on my parents, grandparents, and his parents we spend like $50 each for giftcards to dinner or what have you, then for our siblings we do $25 gift cards except the two that are married, we do $50 gift cards, then the kids we spend like $20 on each, then my hubby and my DD I spend like $200 on each. So like I said, WAY too much. .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i never go over 500..but thats for 2 kids and us
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I feel like waaayyy too much but I know others spend more. I usually spend about $500 on my dd. Probably about another $500 on family and myself combined.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Umm...well last year we spent over 400$. but since all our nieces are getting older and wanting more expensive things and our child is going to be almost 3months and our new neice is here,plus his 2 brothers, his mom, and dad and his grandma and then my mom and family..I think we will be spending much more this year
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• must be nice to spend 500 on christmas... i cant afford anything really
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Generally speaking, we stick to about $500 for our two kids, his parents and mine, my sister, his sister, BIL and their two children. Most of that though, is for my kids. Probably $300 of that is the kids. And my daughter is only 19 months old so this will be her second Christmas. Probably $100 on her last year, $200 on my son and then $200 scattered throughout the rest of the family. However, this year,the gifts I planned would equal about $700 and my husband said no.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I spend no more than 100 on each kid. Give or take 10 dollars. There is no need to spend outrageous amounts on toys ect. My husband and I dont buy each other gifts, my brothers, hub and I, draw names, and we get our parents something like a family picture.........so We never spend over 300 dollars. That is TOPS and 200ish Of that is for our kids!
    airforewifenmom

Answer by airforewifenmom at 5:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It varies yr to yr... I have 6 grandchildren ... and have custody of one of them... so he gets a bit more bc he is more a son than grandson...
    We try to stay within 500.--700.00 range for the whole of the families....but have gone as far as 1,500 before...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Last year we spent about 1,400. This year they will be lucky to get anything.
    KittyAuJus

Answer by KittyAuJus at 6:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009