Will the apartment people pay the electric bill for a while?

I found out my husband was cheating on me again so I left for a while. The electric bill was in my name and I had it shut off, yes out of complete meanness because I'm a vindictive bitch like that. He can have it in his own damn name. It was suppose to be off today but I haven't heard from him, does the apartment renters usually pay for it and then shut it off later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• your landlord will not pay the electric bill, it should be shut off
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Call the company and find out if they have shut it off yet and if not then find out why it has'nt been turned off yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I would have had the electricity shut off too, lol. I agree, call the company and see if it's shut off yet.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Either your husband will put it in his name or the both of you are facing an eviction on your record. I work in apartment leasing and we put it in the contract.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• In apartments the electricity is never actually turned off. But the landlord will let him know when they get a bill for it.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• The landlord, if an apartment complex, will add the electric bill to the rent and he can evict your SO and you for not having the electric in your name as stated in the lease.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• not every apartment has that i ncontract 1st of all...2nd of all no apartment will just pay the electric...it gets shut off in a apartment house anywhere its individual units!
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 1:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009