Since my son is a problem child,I have to depend on somebody to help me with him by keeping him for a couple of hours so I can take a break or run errands that are difficult when he's with me so I sort of need this person but I will not let her take advantage of me.I've avoided her for almost a week because I felt used since you won't take no money from me for watching him but I'm doing favors for her in return and I don't know what to do,please tell me what to do when it comes to this person?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 4:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• If she won't take payment, then you doing favors kinda is the payment right? So what's the problem? She isn't taking advantage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• So you are bitching about giving her cigarrettes and what not and she helps you with your child when ever you need it. You are bitching about nothing i would give her what ever she wants she is helping you.

ONE HAND WASHES ANOTHER LADY....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I agree with Anon...if you are doing favors for her instead of giving her money, then what is the problem? You are both getting things that you need.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I say stop bitching and be greatful that she is there for you. Shes hardly taking advantage of you.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 5:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• u dump your bad kid on her and YOU feel used bc she wants you 2 run errands 4 her while u are running yur own errands? she should b avoiding u and yur kid! u don't even want 2 take him so u dump him and blame her 4 wanting help?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Yes your are bitching to much.My daughter has adhd and she was horrible when she was younger.I certainly did not leave my child with anyone else.I stuck it out .Do you know why?She is my kid and no one Else's.That is why.There is no way on earth that the woman is using you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• So she's asking for favors instead of payment? and YOU feel taken advantage of? Ok.....
    Umm...seems a little unfair for her. She's watching your "problem child" so YOU can have break but you feel like she's taking advantage by asking you to do things for her...I'm sorry but that's a little, no a lot, hypocritical. I think you should thank her for her help.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Oh I just read your profile.You have a child that has adhd like mine.I don't understand why you can't take your child with you to do errands.There is no excuse.Maybe because you do not want to deal with the temper tantrums,the whinning and everything else that come with it.I think you are being lazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I suggest sitting down and talking with her. She doesn't want money, but you can't run all these errands for her. You guys need to come to an agreement on a dollar amount and/or number of errands a week that you will run. Figure out how you will pay her, even if it is errands. That way you both know what is expected.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:56 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Who calls their child a problem? Your child HAS a problem, HE isn't the problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2009