Can I use regular dove soap and shampoo on my son?

He is 1, and doesn't have skin problems. I just want to try to save money and use my soap and shampoo on him instead of buying the J&J soaps and what not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• shampoo u shouldnt bc if it gets in his eyes it might make him scared and he wont let u wash his hair any more
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i would. i have been using ivory soap and regualr shampoo on my kids since they were 6 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You can buy the dollar store brand of 2 in one body wash and shampoo for infants and children so if it gets into the eyes it won't burn.
    Anonymous

• wal mart had this super cool pouring cup for kids heads- it has a rubber part on it so it suctions to their forehead so water can only go down their head and not in their face

not SUCTION but you know- watertight seal
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I buy Suave tear free/dye free etc. 2 in 1 kids shampoo (for like a 1.50) and a J & J bar soap for kids for like 1.50. They last alot longer and I dont have to worry about getting soap in his eyes.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 5:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• With the shampoo it'll burn his eyes but the soap sure
    larissacst

Answer by larissacst at 5:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• TRY IT (DOVE) ON THE INSIDE OF HIS ELBOW JUST TO BE SURE IT WON'T IRRITATE HIM. WASH A SMALL AREA AND THEN WAIT 24 HOURS. IF NO SYMPTOMS DEVELOP, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE THE SOAP. AS FAR AS SHAMPOO, HAVE HIM HOLD A DRY WASHCLOTH OVER HIS FOREHEAD AND TIP HIS HEAD BACK WHILE YOU QUICKLY SHAMPOO AND RINSE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You know moms did manage to bath their kids for a long time before baby shampoo was ever invented.

Just like anon :02 said, use a washcloth to keep it out of his eyes, and watch for irritation, and you'll be just fine.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• target also has the j&j version for $.97, thats what i use for my 1 yr old.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2009