Some of you people are real brutal with your answers anyway What do I say to this person who I've avoided for so long because I owe her an apology but I'm not good on this stuff so I stay away,maybe it's not anyone but me being stressed out and very sleep deprived?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 5:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• An apology says that you regret what you did and that you'll try very hard for it not to happen again. Part of why it is an apology is that it is uncomfortable, so that you are not good at this just means it is time to get some practice in. LOL!

A spoken, face to face, apology is better than a written apology, because you and she can both read the body language. She can see that it is uncomfortable for you but you are doing it anyway, she can see that you are sad. You can find out immediately if you are forgiven and not wonder will she even read the letter or when will I hear from her.

So tell her in person, promise both her and yourself that you'll try to do better.

I always think that if I had never done wrong then maybe I'd have the right to bear a grudge, but I've done plenty of things wrong and hurt others, and to get their forgiveness makes me feel better. So I forgive also.

Answer by Bmat at 6:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• well you just apologize, there is no way to make it easier, you have to be honest with the person. you have to bear your soul and hope that they forgive you. if you don't be honest in your apology than it won't help the relationship in the long run.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Write a letter. This way you can send it to her, apologizing in the letter and explaining everything, and she can decide whether to open communication up about it or not
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 5:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• duh...."I'm sorry" might be a good start
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• THE LETTER IDEA IS A GOOD ONE, I FIND I CAN EXPRESS MYSELF BETTER WHEN I WRITE, IT IS ALSO GREAT THERAPY. AN EMAIL WILL BE GOOD, GIVE IT A SHOT, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOOSE?

Answer by older at 6:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2009