Its getting worse now.....

I dont eat much cause I have lost my appetite but when I do I have diahrea really bad. Matter of fact I have had it since yesterday morning and was up all night with it as well. What is wrong with me, Im only 7 weeks pregnant and I toss and turn all night cause my stomach hurts and Im always in the bathroom sick to my stomach. Yesterday I was talking about how nauseated I am but now Im getting sick to my stomach everytime I eat something no matter what it is. Is peptobismol safe to take during pregnancy? Oh and I still dont have a doctor cause Im waiting on medicaid it will be another 3 weeks befor I get into a doctor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doctor told me that the only thing that I could take while I was pregnant was tums, and those never helped me. I was really sick for the first 8 weeks, and then it slowly got better. Just make sure youre drinking a lot of fluids, and hang in there. If it doesnt get any better, I would try to call a clinic or something. We have clinics by us that offer sliding scale fee's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• pepto is NOT okay to take pregnant do not touch that stuff ... you can print out the emergency medicaid card off the site and you can still go to the doctors without it just tell them you are waiting on it medicaid will pay any medical bills within 3 months before you get it so thats no excuse not to go..you need to be drinking a ton of water and taking prenatals everyday...the being sick thing is normal most people are it's morning sickness and just the whole slew of hormones in your body right now, drink lots of water try eatting crackers and take it easy and find a doctor to go to
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I agree that this sounds really normal, awful, but normal. Drink lots of water, or check with your doctor about some tea that could sooth your stomach. Pepto has aspirin in it and is not safe to take while pregnant, but there may be some other things you can try, talk to your doctor. It WILL NOT last forever, I personally promise. Just try to keep up with some fluids, and eat if you can stomach it.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 7:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• if it is bad enough that you aren't keeping anything in your system, you need to go to the doctor. you just tell them you are waiting on medicaid (as pp said, and you can print off the card online).
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• OP.... to the last person who answered, thank you for replying however Im not an idiot. I am on prenatly vitamins and have been for a while. I also know that medicaide will cover any medical bills up to three months prior but I dont have a spacific doctor to call and ask for advice like most women do at this point in there pregnancy. The only thing I have is the er which Im not going to go in there and say Im pregnant and Im sick, there going to say the exact same thing you said that its just morning sickness. I have had a baby and this pregnancy is very different then my first so thats why Im concerned. Now I have a bigger problem, Im eating and then throwing it up so maybe that might be a reason to go to the er if I cant keep anything down cause I need to eat for my unborn child. Another thing is you cant get an emergency medicaid card if you havent even been qualified. I called today and they dont even have me in the system
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• No pepto isn't safe is has asprin in it but you can take Mylanta which does most of if not ll the same as pepto. I hope you feel better soon
    MissMorgan07

Answer by MissMorgan07 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• OP, continued......It takes any where from 15-20 buisness days for me to be excepted but as soon as Im in the system and they have worked my case then I can pick up my card but untill then I just have to use my judgment or worse case senario go to the er. I have been drinking sprite and water thats it and sometimes juice. I do the whole cracker thing but it no longer helps because it has gotten so bad. A lady on here yesterday said that I can get suckers that help with nausea and there spacifically for pregnant women so Im going to try those since I cant seem to take anything else. I know its just a matter of time befor this passes but this just seems much worse then my 1st pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i was on medicaid, and if you have already been approved, and you are just waiting on a card, you can go to the doctor. i had super bad morning sickness the whole time i was prego, and the doctor gave me prescription nausea meds, and it saved my life! :) or at least my sanity...haha...just tell them you can't eat at all, and they will usually prescribe something for you. until then, it's good to eat right before you fall asleep, then try water when you wake up, it doesn't hurt if you have to throw it back up :)
    LucyMom08

Answer by LucyMom08 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2009