EBF mommys

Where you do you feed your babys in public when they get hungry. I used to try and feed my DS a bottle of pumped milked but he wouldnt take the bottle. He looked at me like I lost my mind lol and just bit at the nipple so now I usally just park in the back of a parking lot and feed him in the car. We live like 30 min to an hour away from everything so he cant wait. I was just wondering where you feed your babies while out and about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tried to find dressing rooms if we were out shopping. If we were outside, I'd sit on the bench and cover myself with a blanket. If you grocery shopping, it really jsut depends on the store...but I would ususally nurse in the car.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• where ever. they make special covers to use if you have a hard time keeping the baby blanket around you while you sit or walk. It's a natural thing, and if people don't like it...they don't have to look at you. God made boobs for a reason, to feed the baby. Don't let your child go without if that is what he wants, thats what he should get. Dirty looks only come from uncarring people. Feed that baby where ever you are
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 5:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Wherever there was a place to sit. No covering, no hiding. And NO ONE ever noticed me EXCEPT for the one time I tried to cover. May's well have hung out a neon sign.

Oh. There was one other time I was noticed. But I was eating with chopsticks at the same time. The owner of the restaurant thought it was pretty cool.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• When I was at places like a mall... I found that some had really nice lounges for nursing mothers, that was always really nice. Or sometimes I would go into dressing rooms and feed him as long as the store wasn't busy no one ever seemed to mind. If we were out to eat and had a booth seat I would feed him at the table. Otherwise, like you, I fed him in the car. I was never one that felt very comfortable breastfeeding in the open.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Where ever we happen to be. I can get him to do it with out exposing myself and I thusfar have not had a bad experience. Even if someone did give me a dirty look I would tell them to stop being a perv and staring at my child while he eats. Most of the time people dont even notice. There have been a few times I went to the car but for the most part nursing shirts are my friend ;)
    Dinosaursmommy

Answer by Dinosaursmommy at 6:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Pretty much anywhere I need to.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Wherever I was. Preferably a nice comfortable seat not smack in the center of lots of onlookers. If outside, someplace in the shade.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Wherever we were we fed. I never used a cover and never once received any negative comments or stares. If you are scared at what others may see, breastfeed in front of a mirror and you will see what others do, nothing. Mom do what you need to do and breastfeed wherever and whenever baby is hungry.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Wherever I have somewhere to sit. Actually if she's in her sling I just pull up my shirt and she eats while in there.
    Nobody will even notice unless you have a big blanket draped over you.
    I don't feel like nursing should be a secret dirty thing. If women can dance around in bikinis all over tv and billboards, and if women can wear skimpy little tops wherever they go, then I can use my breasts to feed my baby!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2009