Have you ever had a second baby shower?

Did you have a baby shower for your second child? Did you throw it yourself or did someone throw it for you? WOuld you throw yourself a second babyshower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i didnt have one with my daughter and i am realy looking forward to having one with this one sence i want a boy, i am basicly throwing it my slef because my friends dont know when a good time would be so im just doing it myslef.
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 5:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I had a second one with my daughter because I told my mom I was bring her home from the hospital in blue because I didn't have anything pink. So she planned a shower and invited all the neighbors and stuff.
    samsmom14

Answer by samsmom14 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I had a second one for my son since everything I had was from my daughter.
    jessicazeksmom

Answer by jessicazeksmom at 6:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I had 2 showers for each of my 4 babies & they were all given by friends & our church, who just wanted to bless us. Our first 2 were 6 yrs apart & opposite sex. Baby #3 was 14 yrs later, we got all the big baby items that we needed, so, when baby #4 came & was the opposite sex, we got mostly clothes & girl appropriate things.

I would never throw my own baby shower. It is the ultimate in tacky & an absolute etiquette no-no, but if friends want to throw showers, I say go for it every time.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I had a second shower given by family and friends because it was 8 years between my children, and we had NO baby stuff whatsoever. I've never heard of throwing a shower for yourself, this sounds kind of odd.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 6:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Sure I had a shower for my second kid. I had 2 for each actually -- one work, one family. Each kid gets his/her own shower, but it is bad manners to ever throw yourself a shower.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My mother had a shower for me, I was 8 years after my sisters. Throwing yourself a shower is a bit tacky, but no more so than asking for money rather than gifts in the wedding invitation, which apparently has become standard practice if the weddings I got invited to this summer are any indication
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009