Is it REALLY hard to have kids very close together? Also how difficult is it to continue exclusively breastfeeding a 2 month old if your pregnant?

I have a 2 month old baby and I think I might be pregnant again. I know this sounds stupid but honestly I haven't taken an HPT because I'm afraid of the results.

I've been trying to mentally prepare myself in the event that a big fat + sign comes up. I'm taking care of myself in the mean time and of course because I'm nursing I'm still taking prenatals.

If you had babies close together...How hard is it? Like how hard is it to have 2 babies? How hard is it to be pregnant with a baby?

Also breastfeeding is very important to me...Is it possible to exc lusively BF a 2 month old with no solids until 6+ months?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First of all my babies aren't that close, so I can't answer that question. I got pregnant with My second baby around the time my son turned one. He exclusively breastfed until I was five months pregnant. I only stopped then because my son would kick my tummy in his sleep and I also decided to stop because I wanted a few months not breastfeeding in between the two before I go for another year and a half. Breastfeeding is honestly the easiest thing I've ever done. My son was weaned for about a month and then he got sick so I breastfed him until he got better and it all worked out very well. e is now 18 months old and I am 26 weeks with number two. As long as you take care of yourself you can breastfeed all the way through your pregnancy. Just remember your body takes care of your child in the womb first, then the breastfed child, then you. So take your vitamins and eat well. Drink lots of water. Good Luck!
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I have a 3 and 4 year old that are 9months and 3weeks apart. It may seem hard at first, but becomes rather easy. Breast feeding takes things from your body that the baby might need to grow. I would ask a doctor if it's okey or not. But as for haveing kids close together...I cried most of my pregnancy cause I didn't even know how to be a mom to my first one. But you learn quick how to dill with it. And thier great friends now and will be forever. I've been told that the older they get the easier it will get. Once the oldest starts walking it will get way better.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 6:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If you are exclusively breastfeeding without water or a pacifier, haven't had a menstrual cycle and are going no longer than one 6 hour period without nursing in any given 24 hour period then your chances of concieving are only about 2%.

I don't have another child yet, so I can't answer your questions about how hard it is to have two babies.

Every mother is different. I know women who didn't have a drop in their breastmilk production until their last trimester. But most moms notice a significant drop in the 2nd. As long as you have a healthy pregnancy you can and should continue to nurse as long as you want to. You may experience some discomfort because of the pregnancy, but as long as it's bearable you can nurse for as long as you want to.

Let us know how it goes!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My girls are 16 months apart and I'm pregnant with my 3rd, and they will be 18 months apart. I love it. My 2 girls are very close to each other. As for the breastfeeding aspect. I tried breast feeding with both of my girls, but i wasn't producing milk so ended up going formula. Good luck with everything.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My girls are 16 months apart too!
    I continued to breastfeed my (then) 7-8 month old until she was a year old, and I was 5 months pregnant with #2. I didn't have any problems breastfeeding until around that 5 month mark and then I think my milk started to dry up and my daughter self weaned.

I'm currently breastfeeding and I'm pregnant with #3.
    I love it that my girls are close... My sister and I are 13 months apart and we've always been best friends.

BTW, after I had my 2nd, I had a couple of different scares -- I though I was pregnant again early on too, but it turned out to just be my hormones playing tricks on me! Go ahead and test.... You will be such a load off of your mind if you are not PG!
    MarigoldsMama

Answer by MarigoldsMama at 7:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2009