I'm a stay at home mom, taking care of two kids. We need extra cash, is there any jobs I could get from home or anything else I could do? I really need help.

I don't want to end up on welfare or food stamps so I could really use any advice. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 6 month old. I work with a large group of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 6:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Hey Mama! Are you looking for an at home Job or a home based business? I have a home based business with AmeriPlan and I work it around my 3y/o & 2m/o twins. We offer daily pay, health benefits for your entire household, 401k options and so much more. There is no selling, no product, no cold calling and no collecting payments. We offer 1 on 1 training, training websites, team meetings, conference calls and unlimited support. If you would like more information please PM me or visit my page here on CafeMom!

Jessica Callahan

www.FreedomAtHomeTeam.com/JCallahan
    jjk45xox

Answer by jjk45xox at 7:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I've had a lot of luck selling Avon. You can do most of your work from home and bring in extra income quickly. Its only $20 to start just go to www.start.youravon.com and use reference code dhullum You'll get your starter kit in the mail and your website free for six campaigns. You probably already know plenty of people who you could start selling to instantly. If not there are tons of options, you can host fundraiser events. I do several a year and make lots of money at them! You can do vendor booths, go to offices, host parties, the sky is the limit. I actually do most of my sales online now! Let me know if you have any questions :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 7:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Come and check out the Scentsy program it is a wonderful product!!! And it pretty much sales itself.  visit my site at http://www.scentsy.com/kblack

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 8:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I am with scentsy, too. It's a great company. Unlike Avon that everyone sells, not many people have heard of us since it's a new company. It makes great money, and it's lots of fun. I can vouch for patchthatpays...definetely worth checking out and getting involved!!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 8:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I know a woman who combs through garage sales and thrift stores, cleans up the things that she finds and sells on ebay...she makes about $1,000 a month
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:17 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I would love to help! But there are 2 rules you must abide by in our business.

#1 no selling

#2 no convincing

in addition to daily pay; the compensation plan is not like any other worrk at home business.

To learn more about this NYSE company click here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:21 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You could work a job nights after your dh gets home from work or 2nd shift

Answer by missanc at 8:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2009