20week and 1 day apt coming up on sept 28th 2009 I dont know what to expect and I dont know if I will be haven my ultra sound I just plan dont know:(

I am 17weeks and 2 days right know. I have a 20week and 1 day apt coming up soon My last apt I went to they done blood work and I listened to heart beat got measured and checked sugar records I was told I was doing good and he would have me back in a month like he has been telling me he told me he was gonna have blood drawn and walked out and I was tekn to do that and waiten room from their I never seen em again and I didnt get to ask if I was haven one the nurse said I shoudl be haven one since I would be 20weeks and 1day then. I called back to the office and they said they didnt know I probably would since I will be 20wks and 1day she said it was very likly but couldnt say forshure I would have to wait and see. I havnt hade one since I first found out at 8weeks and 2days I have hade my belly measured once and the heart beat done once at my last apt. anyone else this way to? or is it just me :(

honeysuckle09

Asked by honeysuckle09 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They do an ultrasound at 20 weeks to measure all of the babies parts, like the stomach, spine, legs, head, etc. They also can usually determine the sex if you want to know it. At my ultrasounds, they tech does the ultrasound first and then I go in an meet with the doctor afterwards.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• you should be getting the ultrasound at the next appt. is your appt with the doc or with an ultrasound tech? or does your doc do the ultrasound? for mine I had to make a seperate appt with the tech
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• They might schedule an ultrasound at your 20 wk appointment. Mine got scheduled at the same time as the 20 wk appointment. I would ask when you go.
    MissMorgan07

Answer by MissMorgan07 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I got an ultrasound after my 20 week appt. (At my clinic they ultrasounds are done at another place so that means another appt.) I would think that they would do your ultrasound then because 20 weeks is the standard to check that all the organs and bones are developing normally (and to see if it's a boy or girl if you want to know.) If it is not on the same day as your appt it will probably be around the same time.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Yea my ultrasounds and doctor are int he same building if I have one they call me back first for the ultrasound and then I go to my room. The last time I seen my doc for the first one at 8weeks and 2days and then he decided to do one to see the baby and I walked with the tech and Had it done and back to my room. I have only had one done at 8weeks and 2days when I first found out I have also heard the heart beat and got measured at my last apt before this upcoming one. I have sugar problems as well because I had them before with my second pregnancy its confusing to me because I have had high risk pregnancy's so this is something different I use to have ultrasounds with my other two pregnancy's alot so I just don't know what to expect with this one.

honeysuckle09

Answer by honeysuckle09 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2009