Little girl adopted my hubby? Is this ok?

So, our neighbor has a 5 year old daughter that hangs out with my kids. No problem, there. However, whenever my husband comes out, she is constantly hugging him. Yesterday at my dad's cookout, she got hurt and climbed up on my hubby's lap for consolation. Yes, her mother was there, no her dad stayed at home (as usual) and wasn't there.

So, my question is what do y'all think about this? Her mother doesn't seem bothered, but my hubby and I don't know what to think of it. We truly enjoy spending time with the two of them (her hubby as well, when he shows). We are just confused.

Also - this was totally initiated by the little girl. My hubby did not instigate at all.

MommyTurtle1985

Asked by MommyTurtle1985 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think she might have a little girl crush on him. It's harmless, let her feel loved and safe from your husband :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Sounds like a harmless crush or a father figure that pays attention to her. Maybe her dad doesn't give her attention? I would just make sure someone else was around at all times.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i agree with the above, sounds harmeless to me. but yes, do make sure they are never alone, not because you dont trust your hubby- but because that way no one else can say anything to you about it. also over affectionate children can be a sign of abuse....but if you know these people you would probably get a vibe from the dad....just keep in mind though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I dont know about crush ... but maybe a 'daddy who like me' attitude!!! He shows her kind, loving attention probably the way her father doesnt. She needs him and needs a fathers love. As long as your husband is a 'good' man then all is fine. I would talk to the mother about her actual father and explain you are worried that her father is not living up to what he should be doing and your husband is having to fill in.
    OrcaQueen

Answer by OrcaQueen at 10:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• my oversight is that she is getting the "daddy attention" from ur hubby and she just loves it. She may not be getting it at home from her own daddy.
    Lovebugto2

Answer by Lovebugto2 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 18, 2009